Discovering the The Impact of Technology Advancements on New Construction in BC, Canada and Beyond… Top Trends of 2016.
AxisTech reinforced their mission to be Relationship-based and Technology-driven, continuously sharing knowledge by hosting a Lunch and Learn series on New Innovations and Technologies for industry professions at the Turner Construction Building in early October 2016. The dual presenters were President, Joana Barbulescu and Project Manager, David Mayhew.
Although West Coast / Pacific Northwest may be Leading Green Environmental Initiatives, the Geographic Region is Clearly a “Late Adopter” with Respect to the Impact of Technological Advancements on New Building Construction (i.e., optimizing building efficiencies, space saving, streamlining installs, effective building construction, etc.) and Disruptive Communication Systems Designs and Products.
1. Top Technology Trends:
The IoT – Internet of Things
– Areas of Focus (Facilities and Infrastructure management, Building/construction (smart buildings) and Health Care)
– Robotics (Nanotechnology, Automation, Wearables)
Data Science and Digital transformation
– Organizing, Managing and Analyzing Data (Trends, population movements, customer preferences)
Disruptive Communication systems designs and Products
– Tinifiber – the Smallest Armoured fiber
– Jetted Fiber Systems – Duraline Microduct
– Passive Optical LAN-fiber based, Carrier Grade Systems for Enterprise Applications
2. TiniFiber > Micro Armoured Fibre Cables
OS2 – 12 Strand and OM3 – 12 Strand Micro Armour Fiber™ by TiniFiber® is a revolutionary, Patented, armoured fiber optic cable that uses stainless steel instead of aluminum and is available for multiple applications. These new cables are smaller, stronger, and more flexible than ordinary fibre optics. Available in 1, 2, 4, 6, 12, 24, 72 and 144 strands.
– TiniFiber™ provides the best cost/value proposition of any fiber optic armour manufactured today
– Approximately 65% smaller and 75% lighter in weight of the typical Aluminum Interlocking Armour (AIA)
– Reduces the cost of armoured fiber cable projects by lowering manpower hours for installations
– Bend-ability, Space-Saving, Labour-Efficient
– Air-Propelled / Jetted-Fibre shoots individual strands of fibre thru 17 floors in two minutes vs four tradespersons pulling wire for three days
– Maximizes Space, Storage and Eliminates Coordination with tenants on each floor.
3.Dura-Line System > Jetted Fibre Systems
> HDPE MicroDucts “Using MicroDucts from Dura-Line is a better way to utilize that empty space, both today and tomorrow. It allows you to expand your fiber network as you bring on new customers. It enables you to increase bandwidth as your needs increase. And, it allows you to do it easily, without adding extra fibers that might never be used.
MicroTechnology saves you time and money, allowing for economical growth within your communications network.” – Super Slippery on the inside of Dura-Line’s High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) conduit, Super Silicore™ offers the industry’s lowest co-efficient of friction for today’s demanding cable installations. The Silicore™ super slick permanent lining remains for future repairs, replacements or upgrades.
-Faster and Easier Cable Installation
– Flexibility for Growth
– Cost-Effective Repairs or Upgrades
– HDPE MicroDucts are Small, 5mm – 22mm in Diameter
– Utilize Space in an Occupied Duct
– Substantially Reduce Construction Costs & Deployment Time
4. GPON – Gigabit Passive Optical Network and and POL – Passive Optical LAN
GPON – Gigabit Passive Optical Network is a proven technology & has been deployed in thousands of networks worldwide. Originally developed for carrier environments to provide:
– A Future Proof Infrastructure
– Cost Effective & Low Maintenance Delivery Method of Data, Voice, & Video
“A short-haul network of fiber-optical cable is used for Internet access, voice-over Internet protocol (VoIP), and digital TV delivery in metropolitan areas. Other uses include backhaul connections for cellular basestations, Wi-Fi hotspots, and even distributed antenna systems (DAS).”
“The ITU-T standard is G.984. It delivers 2.488 Gbits/s downstream and 1.244 Gbits/s upstream. GPON uses optical wavelength division multiplexing (WDM) so a single fiber can be used for both downstream and upstream data.”
POL – Passive Optical LAN is becoming one of the fastest-growing transmission topology for new cable installations and modern upgrades.
Cost-Effective and Cost-Efficient
– Long-term Solution Decreases the Cost of Ownership by up to 68%
– AXSvision System Reduces Management Investments due to Ease of Use
– Single Fibre Optical Cable Lowers Installation Expenses
Greener and Safer:
– Optical Fibres Cut Power Consumption by up to 60%
– Removal of Copper and Plastic Reduces the use of Non-Renewable Materials
– Fibre Optic Cable Installation Augments Space Availability by 50%
Advanced Security Features Ensure Decryption to be Virtually Impossible
– Fibre Infrastructure Provides a Link to any Ethernet Source
– Installation Process Minimizes Construction Delays and Errors
– 25 year Life Cycle Corresponds with the 25 year Manufacture Warrantee
“The Passive Optical LAN proved to be the ideal choice,” said Mr. Goforth from Deltek. “We have reduced our CapEx budget because we no longer have to swap out switches every 4 to 7 years. Its operational simplicity means that our IT staff members don’t have to spend a lot of time on LAN and port management, so they can focus on other support activities.”
> George Goforth, VP of IT – Deltek Systems, Inc
About Deltek Systems Inc
Deltek is the leading global provider of enterprise software and information solutions for government contractors, professional services firms and other project-and people-based businesses. For decades, we have delivered actionable insight that empowers our customers to unlock their business potential. 20,000 organizations and millions of users in over 80 countries around the world rely on Deltek to research and identify opportunities, win new business, recruit and develop talent, optimize resources, streamline operations and deliver more profitable projects.