Wiring Vancouver’s Premier Landmark
The luxury downtown waterfront hotel, Pan Pacific Vancouver (est. 1985, as part of the luxury hotel chain Pan Pacific) initiated actions to improve client experience.
As a result, the Vancouver hotel went forward in upgrading their LANs and WANs (wireless accessibility
The wireless internet initiative was established by the owners (Ocean Pacific) enabling to offer accessible high-speed internet in keeping with their other hotels across Canada.
AXIS Technical Services is proud to be part of the exciting and challenging implementation of communication solutions with
Pan Pacific Vancouver and Guest Tek.
The upgrade includes a fiber optic backbone to maximize and support future communication requirements. In addition to this the Pan Pacific hotel will add new network wiring to support future IP TV and high-speed internet for all 503 hotel guest rooms.
AXIS Technical Services is implementing a Belden certified cabling installation supported by 25-year warranty. This unique project is delivered in collaboration with Guest Tek, which is the world’s largest provider of IP based technology solutions for the hospitality industry – data, voice, video and wireless.
Strategic Services provided:
• Upgrading a fiber optic backbone to maximize and support future communication requirements of the guest rooms
• Providing support for IP TV and high-speed internet for all 503 hotel guest rooms
• As Pan Pacific Vancouver balances the accommodation of both guests and the upgrade of technology, the main challenge is having the AXISTECH installation team constantly mobilizing, demobilizing and providing cleanup on demand with no disruption to the guests
• For wireless access points – 5 cables must be installed in solid pathways and conduits on each floor
(there are 15 floors)
• For each one of the 503 rooms, 2 cables need to be installed (support for IP TV and high speed internet)
• Communication closets are very small. AXIS Technical Services is able to use the Belden angled patch panels to provide built in cable management for a neat result
• Tight timeframe of 4 months
> Learn more by contacting AXISTECH today at 604 559 AXIS (2947) or ROI@Axistech.ca